- REMODELING, itself, is inherently a “GREEN” building practice that redesigns and repurposes spaces.
- REDUCE – Thoughtful planning reduces waste and demolition. Energy star appliances and fixtures reduce energy usage.
- REUSE – Green designs identify opportunities to reuse building materials.
- RECYCLE - Plastic, paper, cardboard and glass are recycled at local recycling centers. Wood is composted.
Five benefits of choosing GREEN building:
- Reduced repair and maintenance costs. Green choices last longer and perform better so the need for repair and maintenance is much less.
- Lower energy bills. Enjoy ongoing monthly energy savings from green building designs.
- Better resale value. As green awareness continues to increase, buyers are willing to pay for the advantages of “Green Building” because they understand the ongoing savings they will enjoy in a “Green Home.”
- Greater comfort. With better insulations, windows, energy star appliances, air sealing, indoor air quality and lighting, a green home is not only more efficient, it’s more comfortable and healthier, too!
- Personal satisfaction. Those who choose to go green experience the satisfaction of having done a good thing by providing a healthier environment for their loved ones and future generations.